MAG Foundation 'Higher Education TAKE-BACK Initiative'
The Medical Association of Georgia Foundation's (MAG) ‘Higher Education TAKE-BACK Initiative’ is designed to combat prescription drug abuse disposal on colleges and universities in the state. This program is part of the MAG Foundation's ‘Think About It’ campaign to reduce prescription drug abuse in Georgia.
The 'TAKE-BACK' program includes several key components, including…
- Funding prescription drug disposal drop boxes on Georgia State University campuses in Atlanta, Clarkston, Covington, Decatur and Dunwoody; Kennesaw State University in Marietta; Morehouse College in Atlanta; and the University of West Georgia in Carrollton. Students and other residents can to dispose of unused or expired prescription drugs on an anonymous, “no-questions-asked” basis
- Providing college and universities in the state with posters that will address how students can safely dispose of unused and expired prescription drugs
- Developing resources to raise awareness at colleges and universities in the state
"We thank and applaud these universities for demonstrating such great vision and leadership,” says MAG Foundation President Jack M. Chapman Jr., M.D. “This is the kind of action and resources we need to begin to turn the tide on the prescription drug abuse epidemic in Georgia.”
In addition to the drop boxes, Dr. Chapman says the MAG Foundation has already distributed more than one million educational leaflets at pharmacies in the state and delivered its messages at more than 50 town halls and 20 physician education events.
Contact Lori Cassity Murphy at 678.303.9282 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to support the MAG Foundation’s ‘Think About It’ campaign with a tax-deductible donation.
Complete list of "Think About It" Drop Box Locations
- Armstrong Atlantic State University Police Department, 11935 Abercorn Street, Savannah
- Canon Police Department, 5071 Georgia Highway 17, Canon
- Hall County Sheriff's Office, 610 Main Street, Gainesville
- Georgia State University, 15 Edgewood Avenue, Atlanta (Police Department Lobby)
- KSU/Marietta, 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta (Police Station Lobby, Norton Hall)
- Georgia State University, 3251 Panthersville Road, Decatur (G Building, Room 1100)
- Georgia State University, 239 Cedar Lane, Covington (Police Department Lobby)
- Georgia State University, 555 North Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston (Police Precinct Lobby)
- Georgia State University, 2101 Womack Road, Dunwoody (Student Center, Main Entrance Lobby)
- Kennesaw State University Police Department, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw (Public Safety Building Lobby, near West Deck)
- Lavonia Police Department, 851 Grogan Street, Lavonia
- Morehouse College, 830 Westview Drive SW, Atlanta (Robert Hall Annex, Campus Police Lobby)
- Royston Police Department, 830 Church Street, Royston
- Towns County Sheriff's Office, 4070 Georgia 339, Young Harris
- Union County Sheriff's Office, 378 Beasley Street, Blairsville
- University of Georgia Police Department, 286 Oconee Street, Athens
- Waycross Police Department 512 Oak Street, Waycross
- Winder Police Department, 25 East Midland Avenue, Winder