MAG to elect 2019-2020 officers at HOD
The Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) will conduct its elections for its officers for 2019-2020 during its House of Delegates (HOD) meeting at the Evergreen Marriott in Stone Mountain on Saturday, October 19.
The HOD will elect MAG’s president-elect, secretary, treasurer, and second vice president. It will also elect four American Medical Association (AMA) delegates and three AMA alternate delegates. The balance of MAG’s Board of Directors will be elected at the county and district levels.
MAG members who are interested in running for a MAG office should contact Donna Glass at email@example.com or 678.303.9251. The only requirement to run for a MAG office is that the candidate must be a MAG member for the past two years.
The following is a list of the candidates who have announced their plans to run for a MAG office for 2019-2020…
– President-elect: Lisa Perry-Gilkes, M.D., ENT, Atlanta
– First Vice President: Thekkepat Sekhar, M.D., OB-GYN, Warner Robins (automatic succession)
– Second Vice President: James "J." Smith, M.D., Emergency Medicine, Lawrenceville
– Secretary: Debi Dalton, M.D., Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Douglasville | Candidate Letter
– Treasurer: Tom Emerson, M.D., Urology, Marietta | Candidate Letter
– AMA Delegate (seat that was held by William Clark, M.D.): William Clark, M.D., Ophthalmology, Waycross
– AMA Delegate (seat that was held by Sandra Reed, M.D.): Sandra Reed, M.D., OB-GYN, Atlanta
– AMA Delegate (seat that was held by Mike Greene, M.D.): Mike Greene, M.D., Family Medicine, Columbus
– AMA Delegate (seat that was held by Billie Luke Jackson, M.D.): Billie Luke Jackson, M.D., Dermatology, Macon
– AMA Alternate Delegate (seat that was held by Gary Richter, M.D.): Gary Richter, M.D., Gastroenterology, Atlanta
– AMA Alternate Delegate (seat that was held by John Goldman, M.D.): John Goldman, M.D., Rheumatology, Atlanta
– AMA Alternate Delegate (seat that was held by Ali Rahimi, M.D.): Ali Rahimi, M.D., Cardiology, Atlanta
MAG President-elect Andrew Reisman, M.D., will be installed as MAG’s president for 2019-2020 on October 19.