MAG to host medical student abstract competition
The Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) will host a medical student abstract competition for MAG member students in conjunction with its 2019 House of Delegates meeting – an event that will take place at the Evergreen Marriott Stone Mountain Resort on Saturday, October 19.
The competition will have four categories, including basic science/bench work, clinical research, public health, and case studies. Just one winner will be selected in each category, and the winning abstracts will be published in the Journal of the Medical Association of Georgia. Every student will also be given the opportunity to participate in a 'Best Pitch Competition,' where they will have 45 seconds to “pitch” a panel of physician judges. The winner of this competition will be featured on MAG’s website.
– The deadline for the abstracts of 350 words or less is the end of the day on Monday, September 10.
– The contest is open to every MAG member student in every class in every medical school in the state.
– Submissions are limited to one abstract per primary author.
– Acceptance emails that include additional details will be distributed by Monday, September 17.
– Contestants must set up their poster exhibits in the lobby of the Westin no later than 12 p.m. on October 20.
The posters should…
– Not exceed 36 inches by 48 inches.
– Include a title in all capital letters that is brief and clearly states the abstract’s content.
– List the presenting author’s name first.
– List the name and just one degree (e.g., BA or MPH or M.D.) for each author.
– List the name(s) of the author(s) and their institution(s), including the city and state.
Participants must attend the meeting in Stone Mountain, they must set up their posters, and they must be a MAG student member.
MAG Student Membership Application
MAG Medical Student Section Details
Contact Renai Lilly at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or with questions.