2019 House of Delegates
The Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) is encouraging every delegate, alternate delegate and guest to register for MAG’s 2019 House of Delegates (HOD) meeting as soon as possible. The HOD will take place at the Evergreen Marriott in Stone Mountain on Saturday, October 19 and Sunday, October 20.
The Evergreen Marriott is sold out. Contact Renai Lilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678.303.9263 to be placed on a waitlist for the Evergreen Marriott or for assistance to reserve a room at another hotel in the area, which includes the Country Inn & Suites Stone Mountain (four miles away and $129 per night plus tax), the Holiday Inn Express Stone Mountain (four miles away and $129 per night plus tax), and the Hampton Inn Stone Mountain (eight miles away and $114 per night plus tax).
This year’s HOD will feature…
– A free ‘Medical Cannabis Summit’ that will take place from 2:45 p.m. to 5. p.m. on Friday, October 18. It will address Georgia’s medical cannabis laws, the steps physicians need to take to “certify” that a patient has one of the conditions that are covered by Georgia law, and what low THC/CBD oil producers are doing to ensure patient safety. Contact Ryan Larosa at email@example.com with questions – and click here to register for the event.
– A ‘New MAG Member Reception’ that will take place from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, October 18.
– A complimentary lakefront ‘Welcome Reception’ that will be sponsored by ACG Wealth from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October 18. All delegates, alternate delegates, sponsors, and guests are encouraged to attend this event.
– Magician Michael Boone, who will be performing during the Welcome Reception on October 18.
– A ‘Cook Out/BBQ’ that will take place on a patio at the Evergreen Marriott on Friday, October 18. The menu will feature hamburgers and hot dogs and a barbecue buffet that will include chicken and pulled pork and salmon. The cost of this event is $65 per person (plus a $5.59 processing fee), which includes dinner and two drink tickets.
– A formal ‘President’s Inaugural Dinner’ that will take place at the Evergreen Marriott on Saturday, October 19 – following the ceremony to install Andrew Reisman, M.D., as MAG’s president for 2019-2020. The cost of this event is $72 per person (plus a $6.01 processing fee), which includes a plated dinner, two drink tickets, and table wine.
– A free ‘After Party’ that will be sponsored by Splash Financial that will take place at the Evergreen Marriott beginning at 9 p.m. on Saturday, October 19. This event will feature a DJ, dancing, and two complimentary drink tickets per person.
– A ‘King of Pops’ ice cream pushcart that is being sponsored by the MAG Alliance that will be set up near the hotel’s pool from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 19. All HOD delegates and family members and guests are encouraged to stop by to enjoy a complimentary frozen treat.
These events are all optional.
MagMutual is encouraging every physician and medical student who is attending the HOD to attend a complimentary lunch program that it will host in the Stone Mountain Ballroom at 12:45 p.m. on Saturday, October 19. This event will feature a ‘A time to act – avoiding another tort reform crisis’ talk by MagMutual Director of Government Affairs Stephanie Kindregan.
MAG’s Board of Directors will meet at the Evergreen Marriott on Friday, October 18 – beginning with a working lunch at 12 p.m.
GAMPAC will host a lunch program for its 2020 members ($250 or higher) on Sunday, October 20. Click here to join GAMPAC.
The MAG Foundation will host ‘Pulling for GPLA Wine Pull’ and silent auction fundraisers. The auction will feature a number of prizes, including a Panama City beach retreat, a two-night stay at the Omni Hotel at the Battery Atlanta, and a wine tasting event.
MAG's 2019 awards will be presented during the morning sessions to honor the recipients to the greatest extent possible.
Contact Bethany Sherrer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions related to HOD resolutions.
HOD attendees are encouraged to download MAG’s app, which includes key information for this year’s meeting (e.g., reports and resolutions, logistical details, contacts). MAG’s app can be downloaded from the ‘Apple App Store’ or the ‘Google Play’ store by searching for the “Medical Association of Georgia.” Contact Mandi Milligan at email@example.com with any questions related to the app.
Please note that you will be able to obtain a discounted rate of just $3 per night (plus tax) for the park’s “gate entry fee” if you mention that you are with MAG when you enter the park for the HOD meeting. The resort will add this fee to your final bill. Also note that the resort offers complimentary self-parking.
Contact Renai Lilly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678.303.9263 with any questions related to the HOD meeting.