2019 House of Delegates
The Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) 2019 House of Delegates (HOD) meeting will take place at the Evergreen Marriott in Stone Mountain on Saturday, October 19 and Sunday, October 20. MAG’s Board of Directors will meet on Friday, October 18.
The HOD is MAG’s primary legislative and policy-making body.
The HOD consists of delegates who represent county medical societies, specialty societies that meet minimum membership requirements, and a number of sections – including International Medical Graduates, Medical Students, Organized Medical Staff, Resident Physicians, and Young Physicians.
This year’s HOD will feature…
– A complimentary lakefront ‘Welcome Reception’ that will be sponsored by ACG Wealth from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October 19. All delegates and alternates delegates and sponsors and guests are encouraged to attend this event.
– A magician who will be performing during the Welcome Reception on October 19.
– A ‘Cook Out/BBQ’ that will take place on a patio at the Evergreen Marriott on Friday, October 18. The menu will feature hamburgers and hot dogs and a barbecue buffet, which will include chicken and pulled pork and salmon. The cost of this event is $65 per person (plus a $5.59 processing fee), which includes dinner and two drink tickets.
– A formal ‘President’s Inaugural Dinner’ which will take place at the Evergreen Marriott on Saturday, October 19 – following the ceremony to install Andrew Reisman, M.D., as MAG’s president for 2019-2020. The cost of this event is $72 per person (plus a $6.01 processing fee), which includes a plated dinner, two drink tickets, and table wine.
– A free ‘After Party’ that will take place at the Evergreen Marriott beginning at 9 p.m. on Saturday, October 19 that will feature a DJ, dancing, and two complimentary drink tickets per person.
– A ‘King of Pops’ ice cream pushcart that is being sponsored by the MAG Alliance that will be set up near the hotel’s pool from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 19. All HOD delegates and family members and guests are encouraged to stop by to enjoy a complimentary frozen treat.
These events are all optional.
Please note that you do not need to contact the Evergreen Marriott to reserve a room. Simply complete the online registration form by clicking here and MAG staff will make a room(s) reservation on your behalf. If you register by September 26, the cost of a room will only be $164 per night plus taxes. The credit card that you use to register for the HOD will not be charged for your room(s) until you check into the hotel.
MAG’s awards will be presented during the morning sessions to honor the recipients to the greatest extent possible.
MagMutual is encouraging every delegate/physician who attends the HOD meeting to attend a complimentary lunch program that it will host in the Stone Mountain Ballroom at 12:45 p.m. on Saturday, October 19.
MAG’s Board of Directors will meet at the Evergreen Marriott at 1 p.m. on Friday, October 18.
GAMPAC will host a lunch program for its 2020 members ($250 or higher) on Sunday, October 20. Click here to join GAMPAC.
HOD attendees are encouraged to download MAG’s app, which includes key information for this year’s meeting (e.g., reports and resolutions, logistical details, contacts). MAG’s app can be downloaded from the ‘Apple App Store’ or the ‘Google Play’ store by searching for the “Medical Association of Georgia.” Contact Mandi Milligan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to the app.
Please note that you will be able to obtain a discounted rate of just $3 per night (plus tax) for the park’s “gate entry fee” if you mention that you are with MAG when you enter the park for the HOD meeting. The resort will add this fee to your final bill. Also note that the resort offers complimentary self-parking.
Contact Renai Lilly at email@example.com or 678.303.9263 with any questions related to the HOD meeting.