CMS Region IV CMO gives Medicare PFS & QPP updates on ‘Top Docs’ show
Richard E. Wild, M.D., J.D., M.B.A., FACEP – the chief medical officer for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Region IV – updates the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) and the Medicare Quality Payment Program (QPP) on the latest episode of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs Radio’ show.
Dr. Wild addresses…
– Key provisions in the recently-updated PFS
– How the E/M coding rule will change going forward
– A reduction in the administrative burden associated with office/outpatient visits
– The role of “virtual” care (telemedicine/telehealth) under the PFS going forward
– How clinicians have fared under the QPP
– How the QPP will change in 2019
– A chance for clinicians who wouldn’t otherwise qualify to opt into the QPP in 2019
– The kinds of clinicians who will become QPP-eligible for the first time in 2019
Physicians and practice staff can contact the Medicare QPP Service Center at 866.288.8292 (TTY 877.715.6222) or QPP@cms.hhs.gov with questions.
Between downloads and live listeners, MAG’s ‘Top Docs Radio’ show has now reached nearly 300,000 listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. The program is supported with a grant from the Alliant Health Group in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
Click for Medicare PFS final rule fact sheet
Click for information on Medicare QPP (news, fact sheets, FAQ)
Click for Dr. Wild’s biography