Leading HC lawyers address employment contracts on MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show
Tracy Field, J.D., and Travis Carter, J.D. – who are partners at the law firm of Parker, Hudson, Rainer & Dobbs in Atlanta – address physician employment contracts on the latest episode of the Medical Association of Georgia's (MAG) ‘Top Docs Radio’ show.
They discuss a number of important issues, including…
– Why physicians should care about employment contracts
– Whether physicians are expected to sign employment agreements as a condition of employment
– What steps a physician should take before they sign an employment contract
– How employed physicians are typically compensated
– The kinds of benefits employed physicians should expect to receive
– Some of the common "gotchas" that can be found in employment agreements
– How long it usually takes for employed physicians to become eligible for “partnership”
– The questions employed physicians should ask before they accept a job offer
Field and Carter also address…
– What physicians need to know about coding and credentialing
– Privacy and regulatory issues physicians should be mindful of when it comes to EMR
– What a physician should do if someone from the government asks questions about their practice
Parker, Hudson, Rainer & Dobbs LLP has more than 80 lawyers who are “passionately dedicated to helping its clients break through barriers, surmount obstacles, and exceed their own expectations. Companies of all sizes look to [it] for creative, interdisciplinary solutions to their most important problems. Parker Hudson has an integrated collection of exceptional boutique practices in health care, corporate and M&A, tax, employee benefits/ ERISA, litigation, bankruptcy and restructuring, commercial finance, employment litigation and counseling, real estate, and tax.” Contact Field at 404.420.1146 or email@example.com. Contact Carter at 404.880.4742 or TNC@phrd.com.
MAG sponsors at least two ‘Top Docs Radio’ episodes per month. Between downloads and live listeners, the program has reached more than 280,000 listeners – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
MAG’s ‘Top Docs Radio’ show is supported with a grant from the Alliant Health Group in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
Click for Parker, Hudson, Rainer & Dobbs website