MAG ‘Top Docs’ show on COVID-19 front line efforts
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show offers a unique glimpse into the crucial effort that is underway to care for COVID-19 patients in Georgia. It features Zoeb Bootwala, M.D., a board-certified internist and hospitalist at Houston Medical Center in Warner Robins.
Dr. Bootwala discusses…
– The most common symptoms he sees in COVID-19 patients
– The biggest challenges he faces caring for COVID-19 patients
– His interaction with the family members of COVID-19 patients
– How health care workers are handling the stress associated with COVID-19
– Whether there is enough PPE and other supplies
– The best ways for people to protect themselves from COVID-19
– Why “social distancing” remains so important
– Why older adults and those with chronic health conditions are at higher risk
– How the outbreak in Georgia compares to other parts of the country
– His biggest fears about COVID-19 going forward
Dr. Bootwala has an undergraduate degree from Emory University in Atlanta, a medical degree from the Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, and he completed his residency at Mercer University. Dr. Bootwala has been a MAG member since 2014.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ – which won an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award and a Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Awards award in 2019 – has now reached more than 900,000 listeners and viewers, which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
‘Top Docs’ is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
In addition to the video recordings that are available on Facebook, ‘Top Docs’ is available as a podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, Stitcher, and iHeart Radio.
CDC COVID-19 website
Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Resource Center
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and aren’t necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at email@example.com with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.