MAG now accepting 2019 awards nominations
The Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) is encouraging component county medical society (CMS) and specialty society leaders and MAG members in the state to honor the individuals and/or organizations they believe deserve to be recognized for their contributions to the medical profession by nominating them for a MAG award in 2019.
To honor the recipients to the greatest extent possible, the winners will receive their awards before the entire House of Delegates during one of its sessions at the Evergreen Marriott Resort in Stone Mountain on October 19-20.
The MAG awards include…
– The Lamartine Hardman Cup, which is presented to a physician who has solved any outstanding problem in public health or made any discovery in surgery or medicine or such contribution to the science of medicine – including but not limited to excellence in the field of medical education. Nominations must be made by a CMS.
– The Joseph P. Bailey Jr., M.D., Physician Distinguished Service Award, which is presented to a physician for distinguished and meritorious service that reflects credit and honor on MAG. Nominations must be made by a CMS.
– The Physician's Award for Community Service, which recognizes physicians for going above and beyond the call of duty for community service. Nominations may be made by a CMS or an individual member physician.
– The Jack A. Raines, M.D., Humanitarian Award, which is given to a physician who makes an outstanding humanitarian contribution to his or her fellow man, community, country or world community beyond the normal practice of medicine. Nominations may be made by a CMS or a member physician.
– The Donna Glass Non-Physician Distinguished Service Award, which honors a non-physician for their contributions to the advancement and support of medicine. Nominations may be made by a CMS or a member physician.
– The John B. Rabun Award, which is presented to a CMS that performs outstanding community service to make medicine prominent in its community. Nominations must be made by a CMS. The award can be presented to more than one CMS in a year.
Nominators must complete the online nomination form by 5 p.m. on Friday, July 26. Only nominations that are submitted using this online form will be accepted. Please note that it is not possible to save your work during the middle of the application process. MAG consequently suggests that you write all of your answers in a Microsoft Word document and then copy and paste the information into the online form. The MAG Awards Committee will accept re-nominations. Contact Mandi Milligan at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
List of past MAG award recipients
Submit a nomination