MAG member opens new practice in Buckhead
The following press release from Marc Harrigan, M.D., was sent out on November 7, 2018...
Headquarters to many of the nation’s renowned health organizations, the bioscience industry and leading health IT companies, Atlanta is also home to the burgeoning concierge, or membership medicine movement. Now, Marc Harrigan, M.D., a highly respected local physician with almost two decades of primary care experience, opens the doors to his new practice, Concierge Medicine of Buckhead.
“Offering my patients all the time they need at every visit to address each question and concern without feeling rushed is undoubtedly the greatest benefit of concierge medicine,” says Dr. Harrigan. “We take a truly holistic approach to care and go beyond a patient’s immediate symptoms to discover what keeps them up at night, what’s going on in their family life and what is bringing them the greatest satisfaction. All are key to forming the powerful physician-patient connection we all seek.”
The difference will be noticeable to patients from the moment they enter his office. “There’s no crowded waiting room. Instead, it will frequently appear as if you’re the only patient in the office,” says Dr. Harrigan.
After hours, patients will be able to reach him directly on his cell phone, and receive immediate guidance and advice, a benefit shown to significantly reduce the need to visit the emergency room or be admitted to the hospital. Other benefits of membership at Concierge Medicine at Buckhead are highly personalized care, same or next-day appointments, in-depth visits and a strong focus on long-term health and wellness,
Dr. Harrigan’s extensive credentials include:
- Board Certified, American Board of Family Medicine
- Regional Medical Director, Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Physician, Piedmont Hospital
- Physician, Cobb Family Medicine, Austell, GA
- Physician, Sentara Healthcare, Norfolk, VA
- Residency, Riverside Regional Medical Center, Newport News, VA
- Internship, St. Joseph’s Medical Center, Stamford Hospital, Stamford, CT
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- BA, Biology, Brown University
- Member: Academy of Family Physicians, Atlanta Medical Association, Georgia Academy of Family Physicians and Medical Association of Georgia
- Interests: preventive care, hypertension, diabetes, chronic disease management, obesity management and nutritional well-being
“My philosophy of patient care is simple,” says Dr. Harrigan. “I care for every patient as if they were a cherished family member, and in fact, I consider them exactly that.”
Learn more: Concierge Medicine of Buckhead is located at Northwest Medical Center, 3280 Howell Mill Road, Suite 207 in Atlanta. Telephone: 678-883-5111. www.marcharriganmd.com