MCG to host ‘Cardiovascular Summit at Kiawah’ on July 8-11
The Medical College of Georgia (MCG) at Augusta University is sponsoring a ‘Cardiovascular Summit at Kiawah’ CME/MOC event that will take place at the Kiawah Island Resort in South Carolina on July 11-14.
This conference will present the most pertinent and up-to-date information for health care professionals who treat patients with cardiovascular disease.
The symposium should enable participants to…
– Review the management of patients with congestive heart failure in both inpatient and outpatient settings
– Describe the best practices for preventing congestive heart failure readmissions
– Discuss the long-term management of congestive heart failure patients with left ventricular assist devices
– Review challenging coronary catheterization cases including chronic total occlusion interventional strategies
– Review cardiac hemodynamics interpretation – echocardiographic and invasive analysis to guide patient management
– Describe the catheter ablation therapies for atrial fibrillation
– Discuss the role of left appendage occlusion in patients with atrial fibrillation
– Describe the contemporary management of ventricular tachyarrhythmias in patients with and without implantable defibrillators
– Review non-invasive cardiac imaging strategies including cardiac CT and MRI
– Discuss the management of unusual forms of cardiomyopathy
– Updates in the management of pulmonary embolism including mechanical intervention
– Review challenging EKG’s with discussion and interpretation
– Update in the management of CHF with cardiac resynchronization therapy
– Review new hypertension guidelines
– Review the management of the patient with an ASD or PFO
– Discuss catheter-based interventions for valvular heart disease including TAVR and MitraClip
– Review the latest approach to surgical repair of the valvular heart disease
– Recognize the indications and management of ECMO
– Review the diagnosis and management of cardiac sarcoidosis and amyloidosis
– Interact with cardiovascular experts in case-based learning atmosphere
The course emphasizes audience participation in informal case-study sessions. Participants are encouraged to bring interesting cases for discussion at breakfast roundtables with the faculty.
Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University
The Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education for physicians. The Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in all formal lectures, individual assessments consisting of the post-test completed with 70% accuracy and feedback to the participant enables the participant to earn MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
Click to register
Contact email@example.com with questions.