MagMutual leader addresses tort climate on ‘Top Docs Radio’
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs Radio’ show addresses the medical liability environment in Georgia and the rest of the U.S. – and it features Joe Wilson Jr., M.D., the executive chairman of the MagMutual Holding Company.
Dr. Wilson discusses…
– How the medical liability climate has changed in recent years
– What physicians need to know about the medical liability climate in Georgia
– The specialties that get sued the most and pay the biggest judgments/settlements
– Court decisions that have affected Georgia’s medical liability climate
– How Georgia’s medical liability climate compares to other states
– How MagMutual would like to see Georgia’s tort laws change
– The action MagMutual is taking to improve Georgia’s medical liability landscape
– What action physicians in Georgia should be taking
Dr. Wilson has been with MagMutual for more than 20 years. As a board-certified interventional cardiologist, he practiced medicine in Atlanta from 1984 to 2011. Dr. Wilson has a degree from the Emory University School of Medicine. A MAG member, he has held a number of leadership positions in organized medicine – including being the governor of the American College of Cardiology and the president of the Georgia Chapter of the American College of Cardiology. It is also worth noting that he has been honored as one of Atlanta Magazine’s “Top Doctors.”
MagMutual provides medical professional liability insurance in Georgia and other states in the Southeast U.S. It is one of the largest medical liability insurers in the U.S. The company is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best. Go to MagMutual.com for additional information.
Between downloads and live listeners, the ‘Top Docs Radio’ show – which won an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award in 2019 – has now reached more than 600,000 listeners and viewers, which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
The ‘Top Docs Radio’ show is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
In addition to the video recordings that are available on Facebook, the ‘Top Docs Radio’ show is available as a podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, and Stitcher.