New ‘Top Docs Radio’ show addresses nursing & GNA
Georgia Nurses Association (GNA) President Richard Lamphier, RN, and CEO Matt Caseman discuss key issues and developments in nursing in Georgia and at GNA on the latest episode of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs Radio’ show.
Lamphier and Caseman address…
– GNA’s mission
– GNA’s key issues
– GNA’s short and long-term goals
– The most pressing health care issues facing rural Georgia
– How a Preceptor Tax Incentive Program could incentivize more nurses to practice in rural areas
– The steps that can be taken to prevent and address professional burnout
– The “safe staffing” nursing initiatives that are taking place in Georgia
– GNA and the Georgia Nurses Foundation’s ‘Peer Assistance Program’
– How MAG and GNA work together in the state legislative arena
– What steps should be taken to address Georgia’s nursing shortage
– Suggestions for people who are interested in a career in nursing
Lamphier has been a nurse for more than 30 years, including the last 12 as a pediatric nurse. His special interests include hospital cardiac care and preventing sudden death in the young. Lamphier co-chairs the Citizens CPR Foundations Committee on Disparities in Resuscitation, he co-chairs the World Committee on Mass CPR training, and he serves as a proxy to the Governor’s Child Fatality Panel.
In addition to being GNA’s CEO, Caseman is the CEO of the Georgia Nurses Foundation. He formerly served as the executive director for the Blue Ridge Area Health Education Center in Rome – leading a team that recruited, trained and retained health care professionals. Caseman also served as the executive director of the Georgia Rural Health Association and the director of the Georgia House of Representatives’ Public Information Office. He currently serves on the on the boards of the Georgia Primary Care Association and the Georgia Rural Health Association.
Between downloads and live listeners, MAG’s ‘Top Docs Radio’ show has now reached nearly 350,000 listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. The program is supported with a grant from the Alliant Health Group in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
Click to watch ‘Top Docs Radio’ episode on GNA
Click for GNA website