New ‘Top Docs’ features U.S. Rep. Buddy Carter addressing CARES Act/COVID-19
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show features U.S. Rep. Buddy Carter addressing a number of important COVID-19 issues, including the ‘CARES Act,’ the latest on testing and treatment and prescription drugs and PPE, and the resources that are available to help patients and medical practices and other health care facilities in Georgia.
Rep. Carter discusses…
– How the ‘CARES Act’ is addressing PPE shortages
– How providers can get PPE from the national stockpile
– How the ‘CARES Act’ hospital funding will be distributed
– Whether the ‘CARES Act’ will help rural hospitals
– The COVID-19 testing backlog/shortage in Georgia
– Whether people should worry about a hydroxychloroquine shortage
– How HHS, FDA & the CDC are expediting their approvals processes
– How long will it take to develop a COVID-19 vaccine
– What people who don’t have health insurance need to know
– If physicians will be paid for caring for COVID-19 patients
– How practices can get the cash they need to keep afloat
– The ‘Paycheck Protection Program’
– Whether more financial relief is in in the works
– How lawmakers expect to solidify domestic pharmaceutical drug supplies
Rep. Carter represents the first congressional district, which includes Savannah and most of the southern coastal portion of the state. He is the only pharmacist in the U.S. House of Representatives. Rep. Carter was the Mayor of Pooler, and he served as a member of the Georgia General Assembly. He has degrees from Young Harris College and the University of Georgia, where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy.
Contact Rep. Carter at 912.352.0101 (Savannah), 912.265.9010 (Brunswick), or 202.225.5831 (Washington, D.C.)
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached more than 885,000 listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won two awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award and a Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Award.
‘Top Docs’ is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
In addition to the video recordings that are available on Facebook, ‘Top Docs’ is available as a podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, Stitcher, and iHeart Radio.
Rep. Carter COVID-19 website