New ‘Top Docs’ features U.S. Senate candidate Rep. Doug Collins
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show features U.S. Rep. Doug Collins, who has represented Georgia’s 9th District since 2013 and who is a Republican who is running for the U.S. Senate seat that was held by Sen. Johnny Isakson.
Rep. Collins discusses…
– His daughter Jordan’s compelling health care story
– The action he has taken to help Georgians during the pandemic
– What steps the federal government should take to address COVID-19
– The action he has taken to reform the VA health care system
– His views on PBMs (pharmacy benefit managers)
– Bi-partisan legislation he supports to reduce prescription drug costs
– The need to increase broadband capacity in rural areas
– What Congress is doing to increase telemedicine
– Whether Medicare Advantage plans should cover audio-only care
– Why should people vote for him
– How people can get more information on his campaign
Rep. Collins was born and raised in Gainesville. After graduating from North Hall High School, he earned degrees in political science and criminal justice from the University of North Georgia, a master’s degree in divinity from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, and a law degree from Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School. Rep. Collins established a private practice law firm, he served as a U.S. Air Force reserve chaplain in Iraq in 2008 and 2009, and he continues to be active in the Air Force Reserve as a lieutenant colonel. It is also worth noting that Rep. Collins was the pastor at Chicopee Baptist Church for 11 years.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached more than 1.7 million listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won three awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award, an American Society of Association Executives Silver Award, and a Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Award.
‘Top Docs’ is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
In addition to the video recordings that are available on Facebook, ‘Top Docs’ is available as a podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, Stitcher, and iHeart Radio.
Rep. Collins website
Doug Collins for Senate Campaign Website
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and are not necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at email@example.com with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.