New ‘Top Docs’ show addresses asthma & severe asthma
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show addresses asthma and severe asthma – and it features Tracy Bridges, M.D., a board-certified allergist who is affiliated with Allergy and Asthma Clinics of Georgia in Albany and the Allergy Center at Brookstone in Columbus and who is a founding member of the Georgia Asthma Coalition.
Dr. Bridges discusses…
– Asthma and severe asthma
– How many people have asthma and severe asthma
– What toll asthma and severe asthma take on Georgia
– How physicians treat asthma – and whether the treatment is effective
– How physicians evaluate the severity of a patient’s asthma
– How physicians identify severe asthmatics
– Whether certain ethnic groups more are prone to get asthma
– If severe asthmatics should get an oral steroid in an acute care clinic, ER or hospital
– Biologics – and how they’re used to treat severe asthma
– New asthma treatment options that are on the horizon
– The ‘Oasis’ database
Along with the aforementioned roles, Dr. Bridges is the principal investigator for the Georgia Pollens Research Center – which conducts industry-sponsored clinical research studies that look at new and innovative biological therapies to treat conditions like asthma and atopic dermatitis. He has a medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia, he completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Alabama-Birmingham, and he completed a fellowship in allergy immunology at Vanderbilt University.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ – which won an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award in 2019 – has now reached more than 665,000 listeners and viewers, which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
‘Top Docs’ is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
In addition to the video recordings that are available on Facebook, ‘Top Docs’ is available as a podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, Stitcher, and iHeart Radio.
Allergy and Asthma Clinics of Georgia website
Allergy Center at Brookstone in Columbus
Allergy & Asthma Network website (click on ‘Healthcare Professionals’)
Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America website (click on ‘Health Professionals’)
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology website
Global Initiative for Asthma website