Rep. Knight addresses health care insurance on ‘Top Docs’ show
Georgia Rep. David Knight (R-Griffin) discusses rising health care insurance costs and his efforts to reform health care insurance in Georgia on the latest episode of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs Radio’ show.
Rep. Knight addresses…
– A study committee that he chairs that is evaluating Anthem/Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia’s retrospective ER claims review policy
– The factors that have contributed to rising health insurance costs
– How pharmacy benefits managers affect health care and health care insurance
– How the prior authorization process undermines patient care
– His plans to reform health care insurance in Georgia during the 2019 legislative session
Rep. Knight has served in the Georgia House of Representatives since 2004. He represents the citizens of District 130, which includes parts of Spalding, Henry and Lamar counties.
Between downloads and live listeners, MAG’s ‘Top Docs Radio’ show has now reached more than 300,000 listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. The program is supported with a grant from the Alliant Health Group in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.