Special ‘Top Docs’ show delves into post-op care & prescribing
Today’s Medical Association of Georgia ‘Top Docs Radio’ show – which is part of a series of special episodes of the program that address opioids and opioid misuse – addresses innovations in post-operative care and best practices for prescribing opioids for patients who experience high levels of pain.
The program features Douglas Lundy, M.D., M.B.A., an orthopaedic trauma surgeon and a co-president of Resurgens Orthopaedics – which is one of the nation’s largest orthopaedic practices with 24 offices in the metro Atlanta area.
Dr. Lundy addresses…
– How a trauma surgeon differs from a general surgeon
– His unique approach to balancing a patient’s psychological and pain management needs following a reconstructive procedure
– How he has changed the way he prescribes opioids and monitors his patient’s prescriptions
– The conversation he has with his patients when he prescribes opioids
– Post-surgical care for patients who receive opioid prescriptions
MAG sponsors at least two ‘Top Docs Radio’ episodes per month. Between downloads and live listeners, the program has reached more than 240,000 listeners – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
This series of special editions of the ‘Top Docs Radio’ show is being partially funded by the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities.
Click to watch ‘Top Docs Radio’ episode with Dr. Lundy
Click for Resurgens website